BetRivers Sportsbook App Review & Affiliate Code
BetRivers, which is owned by Rush Street Interactive, started its operation on Oct. 3, 2019 in Indiana. Like other mobile sites, it had to partner with a location inside Indiana. It chose to team up with French Lick Resort.
DraftKings and BetRivers were the first two mobile apps operational in Indiana. If you have bet on the SugarHouse PA app, you will feel very comfortable, as Rush Street Interactive is involved with both.
BetRivers got a taste of Indiana bettors’ habits by running the sportsbook inside of French Lick Resort. It is a smaller footprint at 3,000 square feet. It features two 14 x 8 wall screens and 18 other TV sets.
Just like with DraftKings and FanDuel, BetRivers’ mobile app does not cheat you when it comes to betting options. Every sport and betting type that is available at the French Lick Resort is at your fingertips.
It used its success in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania to improve its app on the fly. It didn’t have a daily fantasy app, like FanDuel and DraftKings, so it has had to change a few things. Now that the platform has gone live in Indiana, though, the customer service, payouts, and overall technology are just as good as the big guys.
You can register for the app on a mobile device or computer. It is available on both Apple and Android phones. You just have to be 21 years old and physically inside the state borders of Indiana when placing bets.
Sports betting is live in Indiana, and there is fierce competition for your gambling dollars. BetRivers will have to be creative to compete with the big guys who have more name recognition and bigger budgets.
But, sometimes, this is great for the market, and the smaller sites will advertise really good promos because they cannot compete with the advertising budgets of DraftKings and FanDuel. They will go all out to try and get your attention.
So far, BetRivers has offered free bets and deposit matches just like everyone else. The idea is to get potential customers to register, and it gives a sportsbook a chance to show off its bets and promotions.
If you sign up at BetRivers, using the code: PLAY250 you will receive a 100% match on your first deposit, up to $250. This deal is one of the easiest to take advantage of at any online betting site.
What makes its deposit match bonus even better is the playthrough. While most companies make you bet it 10 to 15 times to get your money out, BetRivers only makes you bet the amount once.
The only condition is you need to bet this money at least once at odds of -200 or greater. This will protect BetRivers from you just using it on a huge favorite and collecting the bonus. It wants it to be as close to 50/50 as possible.
BetRivers’ online sportsbook offers regular bettors a variety of reload bonuses and ongoing rewards.
Loyalty program at BetRivers
BetRivers has a rewards program called iRush Rewards. It is a points collection system, similar to what some of the overseas companies have offered.
You get rewarded based on how much you bet, and what kind of bet you place. This is something you can get at BetRivers that neither FanDuel or DraftKings are currently offering.
You get one point for a regular $10 bet. If you play parlays, teasers, or something a little more difficult to hit, it gives you more points. The largest we have seen is a reward 10x your bet for some of the really long odds bets.
The social element comes through a chart that shows you how close you are to the next level. It looks like one of the thermometers you see for fundraising through various organizations.
As you place more bets and climb the levels, you’ll unlock extra perks and promotional offers. You will also find a visual indicator of your progress toward clearing bonuses.
This will be very familiar to those of you who were already playing fantasy sports on DraftKings or FanDuel. They are structured in very similar ways.
You will earn points by just betting. You can see how many points you need to move up the chart above. You earn two types of points: Loyalty Level Points and Bonus Store Points.
Loyalty points are earned depending on what type of bet you make. You will get a multiplier depending on the risk of your bet. A traditional straight bet gets you one point for every $10 you bet.
If you are betting a huge parlay, you can receive as much as a point per dollar.
The points add up and help you advance to the next level of the program. You can eventually advance to the elite level, but it says invite-only.
Our guess is you must be a huge bettor and have over the 20,000 points needed for Level 10. You can see the list of rewards you add as you move across the chart.
Level 7 is where it really pays off as you get access to the promotional calendar. You will get access to a number of free contests and other items with significant value.
The Bonus Store Points let you shop at an online store for prizes. You can also get a chance at a spin on a prize wheel for bonuses and cash giveaways.
Like the deposit match bonus, there is only a single playthrough requirement on the bonus money. There is an easy-to-use bonus tab where you can track your money and points earned through the rewards program.
- Loyalty program: The iRush Rewards program is the best on the market as of now. It has been used in New Jersey, and players loved it. The program has a ton of rewards, and they are not super hard to achieve. BetRivers has a system with 11 tiers that you can work through as you bet.
- Welcome bonus: There is no question that the BetRivers bonus is the best of all the offers. While the amount is limited, there are not as many strings attached. You only have to bet the amount one time through. The only other caveat is that you bet it on a favorite of -200 or less. You can’t bet the amount on a -300 favorite and just collect the money.
- Selection: It has a huge array of betting types and options. Whether you are at the French Lick Resort, or on the mobile app, the selections are endless. BetRivers has just as many, if not more than the big two.
- Live betting: It offers a huge list of live betting every day. The daily calendar is easy to follow and shows you which sports and what time they will start. Management decided to really invest in a substantial live betting platform, and it has paid off. If you like the idea of betting as the game is going on, BetRivers might be your best choice.
- Promotions: Where BetRivers is lacking, in our opinion, is through the promotions. It does not have nearly as many promotions ongoing as the competitors. FanDuel and DraftKings have been very creative in the sports betting promotion world, and BetRivers is yet to follow suit. We have not seen any reload bonuses, either. It has had extensive promotional calendars at one time or another in some of the other states, so we anticipate them coming back at some point in the future. It had no-juice bets, risk-free bets, odds boost, and pools. Reloads will also come back as well. They work a lot like the match offers for new players. Once you reach level seven of the rewards program, you will be eligible for a number of monthly offerings.
- Betting lines: It looks as if it will struggle a bit for those who line shop. BetRivers lines have not been as good when comparing them to FanDuel and DraftKings. While the juice was slightly higher on most games, there were times you could find value at BetRivers.
Deposits and withdrawals
Like many of the other companies, the deposit and withdrawal system on BetRivers is pretty easy to use. Almost all the main carriers are accepted, and the setup time is minimal. The banking options are pretty similar to all of the other companies.
- PayPal: Now that gambling is legal, it has opened the door for normal operations such as Paypal to sports bettors.
- Credit card: Visa and MasterCard are both accepted. You can use credit or debit cards. Please be aware that some banks will not let you deposit to betting sites.
- BetRivers prepaid card: You can add money to the Play+ card through your checking account. This is a great option if you use a bank that is denying your deposits.
- Online banking: Another huge positive to sports betting being legalized is that you can now use your online banking system. Before, the overseas deposits for gambling sites would usually be denied by your bank. That is no longer a problem!
- French Lick Resort: You can also add money while you are playing at the French Lick Resort. If you hit it big at the sportsbook, you can load your account for betting on the go.
- Wire transfer: You can also use wire transfers. These are usually reserved for the big-time bettors depositing large amounts.
You can take your money out of your account in a number of different ways. You can do an ACH, check by mail, prepaid BetRivers card, or you can get cash at the French Lick Resort.
This is one of the biggest drawbacks to BetRivers so far. Its juice seems to be consistently higher than other providers. While you can get good value, if the bet is the same on all the sites, the juice is usually higher at BetRivers.
The live betting tends to be about 5% higher than the competitors, but its number of selections is also higher. At most places, you pay about 20% on props. Our research has shown BetRivers is about 25% on most of those types of bets.
This has held true for futures as well, as it has been about 25% compared to the industry average of 20%.
If you are a parlay player, BetRivers has some of the best odds and selections available. Its Teaser+ system that has been successful in other states is a great way to bet.
Its two-leg parlays have better odds than most at 2.65 to 1, and its three-leggers are just a shade under 6 to 1. It definitely beats FanDuel and DraftKings if you like to play parlays.
Bets available at BetRivers Sportsbook
BetRivers has typical betting options. It has moneylines, spreads, props, futures, parlays, and in-game betting.
The in-game, or live betting, is some of the best in the industry when it comes to variety. You can now be watching the Colts live in the stadium and bet on the game as it is happening.
Right now, it is allowing live betting on college sports and professional sports in the U.S. and abroad. You won’t be able to bet on any NCAA individual athletes. So basically, no individual props when betting NCAA sports, but you can bet on the games normally, and live.
Here is the list of sports you can wager on in Indiana:
- Baseball (MLB, NCAA)
- Basketball (NBA, NCAA)
- Football (NFL, NCAA)
- Hockey (NHL, NCAA)
- Rugby Union
BetRivers Sportsbook software & app
BetRivers is accessible via your desktop browser with relative ease. There is also an Android app available to download directly from the BetRivers website.
If you are an iOS user and would like to use your iPhone or iPad to place bets, there is an extra step involved. There is no app currently available. However, if users download the GeoGuard app from GeoComply in the Apple App store, your phone can meet the geolocation requirements to bet on BetRivers via your phone browser.
Once you download and enable the GeoGuard app, it is only a couple of button clicks before you are all set to go on your iPhone.